As Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage" – step on up and play your part!
You Will Need
* A role to play
* A computer with internet access
* A local newspaper
* Good communication skills
* A team player attitude
Step 1: Determine what role you'd like to play
Determine what role you'd like to play, including actor, lighting technician, costume designer, usher, or advertising marketer.
Step 2: Search the internet
Search the internet for local theaters. Enter your city, state, and the words "stage theaters" in a search engine.
Step 3: Scan the newspapers
Scan the newspapers. Your local paper will list current productions.
Step 4: Visit local theaters
Visit local theaters. Attend performances, ask questions, take a backstage tour, and find out what types of shows each theater produces.
Step 5: Find out the requirements
Find out the requirements for joining. You might have to pay dues.
If you're interested in ushering, try professional companies. You'll get to see top-notch productions for free.
Step 6: Be a team player
Bring your team-player attitude. If you let them know you're no prima donna, you may just find a home away from home.
Fact: America's first theater was established in 1716 in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades